Unless otherwise specifically provided for herein, the definitions set forth in Chapter 46.09 RCW, as existing or hereafter amended, shall govern this chapter. In addition, when used in this chapter, the following words, terms, and phrases shall have the following meanings:
A. “City” means the city of Bellevue, its elected officials, its employees, and its agents.
B. “City street” means every way, lane, road, street, boulevard, and every way or place in the city open as a matter of right to public vehicular traffic inside the city limits.
C. “Nonhighway vehicle” means any motorized vehicle including an off-road vehicle (ORV), as defined by RCW 46.04.365, when used for recreational purposes on nonhighway roads, trails, or a variety of other natural terrain.
“Nonhighway vehicle” does not include:
1. Any vehicle designed primarily for travel on, over, or in the water;
2. Snowmobiles or any military vehicles; or
3. Any vehicle eligible for a motor vehicle fuel tax exemption or rebate under Chapter 82.38 RCW while an exemption or rebate is claimed. This exemption includes but is not limited to farm, construction, and logging vehicles.
D. “Sidewalk” means that property between the curb lines or the lateral lines of a city street and the adjacent property, set aside and intended for the use of pedestrians or cyclists in accordance with Chapter 14.60 BCC or such portion of private property parallel and in proximity to a city street and dedicated to use by pedestrians or cyclists.
E. “Multi-purpose path” means a facility as defined by RCW 47.30.005 and dedicated for public use.
F. “Recreational trail” means a travel way established by construction or use through public property for pedestrians and nonmotorized transportation users for the purpose of providing opportunities for community recreation.
G. “Wheeled all-terrain vehicle” or “WATV” means:
1. Any motorized nonhighway vehicle with handlebars that are 50 inches or less in width, has a seat height of at least 20 inches, weighs less than 1,500 pounds, and has four tires having a diameter of 30 inches or less; or
2. A utility-type vehicle designed for and capable of travel over designated roads that travels on four or more low-pressure tires of 20 psi or less, has a maximum width less than 74 inches, has a maximum weight less than 2,000 pounds, has a wheelbase of 110 inches or less, and satisfies at least one of the following:
a. Has a minimum width of 50 inches;
b. Has a minimum weight of at least 900 pounds; or
c. Has a wheelbase of over 61 inches. (Ord. 6503 § 2, 2020.)