A. The purposes of this chapter are to:
1. Encourage more multifamily housing opportunities within the city;
2. Stimulate the construction of new multifamily housing;
3. Encourage the creation of mixed-income housing that is affordable to households with a range of incomes in residential targeted areas;
4. Accomplish the planning goals required under the Growth Management Act, Chapter 36.70A RCW, as implemented by the city’s comprehensive plan;
5. Promote community development and affordable housing in the city, especially residential targeted areas;
6. Encourage additional housing in certain areas to support investment in public transit projects.
B. Any one or a combination of these purposes may be furthered by the designation of a residential targeted area under this chapter. (Ord. 6582 § 3, 2021; Ord. 6231 § 2, 2015.)