A. Utility Facility Site Standards.
1. Architectural Form and Character. A building which houses all or a majority of a utility facility must be compatible with the architectural form of surrounding buildings. This requirement is not applicable to a utility facility where significant elements of the facility are not housed in a building or to isolated minor elements such as pad-mounted transformers, telephone pedestals and metering stations.
2. Screening and Fence Requirements.
a. A utility facility must be sight-screened as specified for that use in LUC 20.20.520.F.2 or as required by district-specific landscape standards contained in Chapter 20.25 LUC. Alternatively, the provisions of LUC 20.20.520.J may be used.
b. If the Director of the Development Services Department and the Transportation or Utilities Director, as applicable, determine that the utility facility is potentially dangerous to human life, an eight-foot fence may be required.
3. Required Setback.
a. Any structure, facility or fence must conform to the setback requirement for structures in the land use district in which the structure, facility or fence is located, except as specified in subsection A.3.b of this section.
1. Minimize adverse impacts on the properties through which the system passes through the location, design and construction techniques used and by providing restoration sufficient to eliminate or minimize long-term impacts to property and surrounding land uses; and
2. Utilize the best available technology; and
3. Be necessary for the effective functioning of the utility. It must also be demonstrated that no practical alternative to the proposal with less severe impacts exists.
1. Minor modifications, maintenance, repair, or replacement of elements of an existing utility facility or regional utility system, which is otherwise subject to the requirements of subsection A or B of this section;
2. Emergency installation or operation, but not exceeding 30 calendar days, of a utility facility or regional utility system, which is otherwise subject to the requirements of subsection A or B of this section. Any required permit or standard must be obtained or met as soon as possible thereafter; and