C. Land Use Exemption for a Planned Unit Development. The Director may determine that a modification to a previously approved Planned Unit Development is exempt from further review under the administrative amendment process or as a new application, provided the following criteria are met:
1. The change is necessary because of natural features of the subject property; and
2. The change will not have the effect of significantly reducing any area of landscaping, open space, natural area or parking; and
3. The change will not have the effect of increasing the density of the Planned Unit Development; and
4. The change will not add square footage that is more than 20 percent of the existing gross square footage of the Planned Unit Development; and
5. If an addition or expansion has been approved within the preceding 24-month period, the combined additions will not add square footage that exceeds 20 percent of existing gross square footage of the Planned Unit Development; and
6. The change will not result in any structure, circulation or parking area being moved significantly in any direction; and
7. The change will not reduce any approved setback by more than 10 percent; and
8. The change will not result in a significant increase in the height of any structure; and
9. The change does not result in any significant adverse impacts beyond the site.
D. Administrative Amendment of Planned Unit Development. The Director may approve modifications to an approved Planned Unit Development as an administrative amendment subject to the procedures set forth in LUC 20.35.200 et seq., if the following criteria are met:
1. The amendment maintains the design intent or purpose of the original approval; and
2. The amendment maintains the quality of design or product established by the original approval; and
3. The amendment is not materially detrimental to uses or property in the immediate vicinity of the subject property.
E. The Director may impose conditions upon any administrative amendment to ensure the proposal complies with the decision criteria and the purpose and intent of the original approval. (Ord. 6197, 11-17-14, § 23; Ord. 5790, 12-3-07, § 2; Ord. 5481, 10-20-03, § 7; Ord. 4972, 3-3-97, § 75; Ord. 4816, 11-27-95, § 174)