International Building Code Section 405.1 is hereby amended to read as follows:
405.1 General. The provisions of Sections 405.2 through 405.9 apply to building spaces having a floor level used for human occupancy more than 30 feet (9,144 mm) below the finished floor of the lowest level of exit discharge.
1. One- and two-family dwellings, sprinklered in accordance with Section 903.3.1.3.
2. Parking garages with automatic sprinkler systems in compliance with Section 405.3 and pressurized stair enclosures provided with emergency power in compliance with Sections 909.20, 909.20.5, and 909.20.6.
3. Fixed guideway transit systems, complying with NFPA 130 as amended by the city of Bellevue.
4. Grandstands, bleachers, stadiums, arenas and similar facilities.
5. Where the lowest story is the only story that would qualify the building as an underground building and has an area not exceeding 1,500 square feet (139 m2) and has an occupant load less than 10.
6. Pumping stations and other similar mechanical spaces intended only for limited periodic use by service or maintenance personnel.
(Ord. 6531 § 5, 2020.)